11 February 2010

Latin for All Occasions

From Henry Beard's "Latin for All Occasions".

Impress the hell out of your friends, with these little known Latin mottos and colloquialisms.

  • Eng: I think that Elvis is still alive.
  • Latin: Credo Elvem ipsum etian vivere.
  • Eng: Garbage in, garbage out.
  • Latin: Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.
  • Eng: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Latin: Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.
  • Eng: Baby, sweetheart, would I lie to you?
  • Latin: Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
  • Eng: I'd like to buy some condoms.
  • Latin: Volo comparare nonnulla tegumembra.
  • Eng: Your fly is open.
  • Latin: Braccae tuae aperiuntur.
  • Eng: Your place or mine?
  • Latin: Apudne te vel me?
  • Eng: I'll have a pizza with everything on it.
  • Latin: Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo.